WinAce - because sometimes, size does matter...
When you want to compress your files, you should be looking for a tool that offers excellent performance in three categories:
· compression ratio
· compression speed
A compression tool that crunches the last free bit from your data, but takes twice to ten times longer for compressing and - even worse - for extracting your data probably will not work for you - or your customers.
On the other hand, a compression tool that deflates your files as quick as lightning but leaves a lot of "air" in the compressed file will not take you far either.
So you are most likely looking for a versatile tool that
· blends both compression speed and power in an intuitive interface
· gives you quick and convenient access to your archives during your everyday work
· but also allows you to use all the extra features for professional file distribution - like password protection, disk-spanning archives or the possibility to create self-extracting archives?
Well, look no further. We would like to invite you to take a closer look at WinAce, the new companion for your archiving needs.
WinAce is a 32-Bit GUI (Windows95/98/ME/NT 4.x/2000/XP) for the new and widely popular compression format ACE.
The program's main purpose is to provide the user with a means to create, modify or extract compressed files of different types.
In addition to the Windows version there is a DOS version available which also includes an easy-to-use shell and several commandline versions for various operating systems (DOS, Win32 and OS/2 as of 6/99).
The compression features of WinAce are not limited to ACE alone - other popular formats, like the common and widely used ZIP format can be both used for compression and extraction of data files.
Since handling archives is very similar to handling files and directories, WinAce can also be used as a file manager shell. It supports operations like copying, moving or deleting files as well as viewing text and commonly used graphic files.
WinAce achieves very high compression rates using the ACE format without sacrificing compression speed.
The ACE compression also offers easier handling of multi-volume (aka "disk spanning") archives and a more efficient compression algorithm compared to the ZIP-Format. The use of solid compression improves the compression rates even more, especially when used on data contained in a large number of (small) files.
Due to the high distribution of ZIP files around the globe, the ZIP format is also fully supported - although ZIP lacks the powerful and fast compression ACE has to offer.
WinAce is very easy to use! To open an archive linked with WinAce you only need to doubleclick it in any shell environment, like the Microsoft Explorer. When running WinAce, archives may also be browsed for and/or opened by using the File/Open command.
Archives opened with WinAce are handled like ordinary directories. This basically means that archive files can be opened or displayed by the internal viewer by doubleclicking on the archive name.
WinAce has full Drag&Drop support. Files may ba dragged to an already existing archive or from an archive to another folder or onto the desktop. During the compression/extraction process a status window keeps you informed about the file(s) currently processed.
Here are some key features of "WinAce":
· compression of the following formats: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, JAVA JAR
· decompression of: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
· multi-volume (disk spanning) archives for ACE, ZIP, CAB
· self-extracting archives (SFX) for ACE and ZIP
· password encryption & recovery records for data protection
· Integrity check for ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
· Repair functionality for ACE and ZIP archives
· Authenticity verification for ACE archives
· comment files in HTML, ANSI or ASCII for ACE- and ZIP-Archives
· full command line access (compatible with DOS ACE)
· detailed information for all archive types
· Quickviewer for graphic files, Word Documents, HTML pages and ASCII files
· full drag&drop support
· complete file-management (copying, moving and deleting of files and directories)
· optimization of existing archives
· access to your archives in Windows Explorer and via the context menu (shell extension)
· table of contents in the "Properties" panel of ACE and ZIP files (shell extension)
What's New in This Release:
· The new version fixes a possible exploit concerning a buffer overflow in maliciously manipulated ARJ-Archives.
· WinAce 3.6x contains several GUI fixes and improvements and updates for other compression formats.
· WinAce now supports the "Zip64" format, which will break the 4 GB barrier for ZIP files.
Help Us to click on Facebook Like one more....!Download